Saturday 24 June 2017

Wishing Well

Teatime and Tide's continued research for the #houseparadox project has me continuing my quest to photograph buildings that have held a long term fascination for me. There is a boarded up house on the corner of West Cliff Gardens which has a wishing well in its front garden that has been this way for as long as I can remember. Once again, the narratives that could be supposed about this dwelling and about what events may have unfolded behind these sealed entrances are only limited by ones imagination...

'Wishing Well' - Nicholas Godsell

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that this bungalow is not uncared for as the guttering looks new, the roof is in good condition and there is at least one rat trap in the garden! Being of a curious and investigative nature I would love to know what's behind the abandonment and boarding up. I saw an open side door and that net curtains were still hanging up, which was disconcerting. How interesting that the garden is pushing the walls out - almost as if the building has its own energy and is struggling to metamorphose. Does anyone know the back story? On the other hand I've heard that some people just have houses kept empty as an investment. What a wasted opportunity - far better to create a lovely home to enjoy and share, but that's the paradox...

    ReplyDelete